Saturday, December 23, 2006

MAKING LEFSE!!!!!!

Guess what my hubby and I have been doing this morning????? Making LEFSE!!!! We had two grills going.....I rolled out the dough and he turned the lefse!!!! To my daughters....next time you all come home, we have to have lefse making party. It is so fun, flour all over, sometimes there are holes in the lefse but no matter, it is all good. And this is not the potato lefse I am talking about, it is the "krotekake" with the whipping cream and butter filling......very rich, lots of calories but so, so tasty. Very, very Norwegian!! I made "No bake bars" (the bars you made at Nanc's baby shower, Sue) and lemon bars as well this morning. And then I am making a rice, curried salad for the party at Laura's where we construct gingerbread houses and we see who can be the most creative!!!! And we eat and eat and eat!!!!!
We had a great time at Heather's last night and we will post some pics!!! It was kind've crazy, you know the type of crazy where you have two hyper grandparents, two parents who have been working all day making it nice for us (bless their hearts) and 4 excited kids (Kalle loved the paper) so we didn't even turn the computer on. But we will!!! It will have to go on Heather's blog.

1 comment:

Anthony and Kim said...

You have had a busy day! I found I was so tired after making Lefse!