Thursday, August 31, 2006

I have seven brothers!!!!

Can you believe it? I have seven brothers!!!! They are all unique, fun and some of them are so competitive especially when it comes to golfing!!! I love them all so much and have learned alot from them over the years. One of my brothers is in Heaven and I am looking forward to seeing him again someday. I guess the brother I knew the best growing up was my brother who is two years older than me. We fought, we played. He was a loner but when we reached our teens, we became best friends! Then he left to go to California for college and I missed him but we kept in touch by letter. In fact when I went to Bible School, I met a girl from Wisconsin who became my best friend and who I thought would be a perfect match for my brother. Do you know what? He met her, he fell in love and he married her and this summer they spent almost two weeks with us again and what a wonderful time we had together. We have visited them in their beautiful, cozy home in Colorado and just appreciate them so much. They have 4 beautiful daughters who we love like our own. Isn't family just the best? My brother pastors a church in Fort Collins and his wife is there right beside him and I guess what I so love about them is their enthusiasm and excitement about their faith in Jesus and life in general. No, the road has not always been easy for them but through it all , they have kept the faith and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is right there beside them whatever may come. You two are an inspiration!!! We love you, our daughters and their families love you and we continue to pray that God in His great love will surround you each and every day!! Blessings!

No comments: