Sunday, August 13, 2006

What a blast!!!!

Yes, I can definately say that it was a BLAST being with my sisters who by the way are all over 70 yrs. and two of them are into their 80's!!!!! (I am the youngest sister.) But they don't look it and certainly don't act it!!! My second oldest sister who turned 80 last year drove all the way from California with her husband who just had open heart surgery in April/06!!!! I am truly amazed at that!! We all had more fun talking, laughing, drinking coffee, laughing some more, drinking coffee, going for walks, talking, talking and more talking, doing some crying, sharing our lives with each other, as Gwen says, we can let our hair down when we are together and still know that we are loved unconditionally...... some talked more than others. Viv and I are the quiet ones!!!!!! NOT!!!! We also talked about how good it is to have our Christian heritage, a childhood that was difficult sometimes because of being so poor but so rich in knowing that our parents loved us more than life itself and faithfully prayed for us as we were growing up and prayed for us til their dying day! Not only did they pray for their children but their grandchildren and great-grandchildren and many others! O how we still miss them. Cedar Lodge was the place and the people that work there are so nice. They have a wonderful ministry to the homeless in Saskatoon, providing meals for so many. Christ's love in action. It is a retreat center so they do wedding receptions, conferences, family reunions, etc. The Cadets had been there for the weekend before we came and they were catering to another big group the weekend after. They treated us like VIP's, made us the most wonderful home-cooked healthy meals and one of their cooks, a gal from the Phillipines played in the kitchen (her very words). She made roses and birds out of apples, a mouse out of a lime, a bouquet of flowers out of green onions, carrots and honeydew melon rind. I got pictures of them all. They had soft music playing at every meal and were so glad we liked the Christian music they played. We watched home videos (I had made one of the last three sister reunions) so we watched that, Viv's grandaughter's wedding and "Love's Enduring Promise"!! We swam in the pool, Ida G, Joyce, Auntie Jewel and I and had so much fun. Precious, precious times together. We stayed from Tues. at noon to Thurs. noon. Then I went to the farm with Joyce to help her get ready for everyone coming down on Friday for a big dinner at noon. Do you know what she served? New potatos, new carrots, new peas, tomatos and beans fresh from the garden. Beet and dill pickles that she had done, homemade buns, a pork tenderloin roast with mushroom gravy and for dessert, a raspberry, blueberry and banana trifle......raspberries from her garden of course!!!! One word......Yummy!!!! I guess there was 11 of us around her table in her country kitchen. She makes such a good farmer's wife!! It was so good to have that time together but it was so good to get home too!!! I rested alot today because I woke up with a sore throat and headache this morning (I had been fighting a cold all week) so stayed home from church and slept and slept. My co-worker phoned this afternoon and wanted to work tonight so she could have next Sunday night off. I was so glad so I am going to bed early. This coming week is going to be busy again. Til next time, my family and friends..............

No comments: