Sunday, October 28, 2007

Retreat at Canmore........

Lynda, Heather's friend asked Heather and I to come to a Women's Retreat this past Friday night and Saturday. It also happens to be Erin's (our adopted daughter) and Libby's church that was putting it on. Their pastor's wife lead the sessions, Libby led praise and worship and Erin took care of the power-point and all the computer stuff. We went out to beautiful Canmore to the Alpine Clubhouse for this retreat........The picture above is the Three Sisters taken when the sun was just coming up.....it was completely clear and gorgeous.....
We had good sessions, talking about our fears and then our faith....taking God at His word and realizing the truth of 1John 4:18. There were some excellant discussions and prayer times.
We had a pumpkin-carving contest which was messy and a whole lot of fun!!!! First prize to Libby and I with the prize being a homemade pumpkin pie with whipped cream.....
Second prize goes to Erin and her team......
The pumpkin-carving teams......
Massages........ in our free time on Saturday afternoon......
And pedicures.......Heather's friend, Lynda and her friend, Darlene........
It was so fun to connect with Erin again and meet some of the girls that are in her church.
It was a good time.......

2 comments:

Carol said...

I am Derek & Erin's aunt from Ontario. I have been reading your blog for awhile as I know you are like a second mother to Erin and she thinks so much of you and your daughters! It is obvious from your posts that you love your family, friends and God very much. I always enjoy your scenic pictures. What a view of the "Three Sisters" you had from the retreat! We saw them this summer when we were out for Berton and Marleah's wedding. Nice to meet you.
Carol

Sharon said...

We had such a good time at the Retreat and of course with Erin. I have read your comments on Erin's blog and it is nice to meet you too. This is a great way to find new friends and keep in touch with people we know. God bless.
Sharon