Friday, July 07, 2006

Thunder, lightning, rain and hail!!!!!!

Went grocery shopping last night about 5:30 P.M. and when we got out of the store, the sky was dark in the east, thunderheads all over, lightning lighting up the sky and we knew there was going to be a storm!!!! We hurried home and put away all my containers of flowers in the garage and got the groceries into the house. Then it poured and poured - I love watching it - but only when it is not real severe!!!! This was not and thankfully we didn't get any hail like some parts of the city - it passed over fairly quickly!! I just remember the time in Minneapolis when we took the kids and sat under the stairs because of a tornado that touched down about 3 miles from our daughter and son-in-laws place!!! Ooooeee......now that was abit scary!!!!!!!! We also have had tornados close to our city sometimes. But it doesn't last and after the storm is the calm! As I was driving to work last night, the sky in the west was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful!!!! The sunset was just as gorgeous as any sunset I seen in Hawaii!!!! And with the mountains in the background.........I can't express in words.........it is like God sitting at His easel and painting a picture just for us.......

No comments: