Saturday, July 29, 2006

What a weekend!!

What a weekend, Friday night and all day Saturday at the first Calgary Women of Faith Conference! It was wonderful!!!! We had many great speakers, funny, inspirational, ordinary women who through various experiences, sometimes painful experiences have such JOY in their lives, who know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are loved by God and that they CAN reach out and touch someone who needs a friend and needs to know that they are loved. We are unique as women and God has made us special. We sang some wonderful praise songs, heard the group Avalon, laughed til the tears came and cried with the women as they shared what they had learned. Speakers like Luci Swindoll, Patsy Clairmont, Sheila Walsh, Marilyn Meberg and Donna VanLiere. What encouragement to hear what they had to say. And to hear Max Lucado speak on Friday night. I definately want to go again next August when they come back to Calgary. Nanc and Sue, Heather and I can definately see why you spoke so highly of this conference. Wouldn't it be fun to be at one together. Maybe someday..........

3 comments:

Stender Statement said...

So fun Mom.. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I love the ladies that speak. They're sooo funny. Check out my blog...I finally updated! Love yous.

Anthony and Kim said...

wasnt that such a great weekend! It was so refreashing, I cant wait till next year too!

sevenstroms said...

Mom...I am so glad that you got to finally experience their conference....we have gone now for a few years and love it so much each year! Laughing and crying!!! So much fun and I am looking forward to this year! My computer is a gonner at home, so the only time I can check my emails is at the studio...sorry for the huge delay! Loveyou Susa