Saturday, September 16, 2006

22 days!!!!!!

In exactly 22 days from today, our kids from the States arrive in Calgary and we are just so excited!! Nancy comes from Winnipeg via Westjet on Sat. Oct. 7th and Eric, Sue and family come on Sat. sometime. They are driving. Nanc is staying for a week and the Strom's for a week and a few days!! We just wish Wayne could come as well. It will just be so good to have them here for Canadian Thanksgiving! We will celebrate with the traditional turkey dinner, turkey and all the trimmings!!! And we hope it is going to be nice that following week so we can go out to the mountains. Maybe we will have a wonderful Indian summer. The trees are already turning color and the streets are covered with leaves. I love fall, the crispness in the air and the brilliant colors on the trees. Today I am sitting here at the computer and as I type I look over and on the floor is little Kalle playing with toys, in the family room is Jemma, Siri and Nate writing in their little notebooks and watching Winnie the Pooh. Their parents went out for dinner last night and then today they will maybe get some more boxes unpacked. It is hard to do stuff with 4 little ones around as you know Sue and Eric when you have moved. It is raining out today and they say we might get some snow. Yesterday they had snow in Banff and Canmore and expecting more today. Tomorrow, Sept. 17th is Sue's birthday - Happy Birthday Sue!!! I remember so vividly the day you were born. We were getting ready for church and all of sudden, my water broke and we had to quickly get to the hospital. And at exactly 10:56 A.M. just before church started, you were born!!! What a thrill! You had lots and lots of black hair!! You looked like a little papoose and you weighed in at 10# 5oz. We will celebrate your birthday, Noah's and Heather's when you come!!! So you will have to wait for your birthday gift!! Have a wonderful day and you know we will be thinking about you. Listen real hard and perhaps you will hear your dad and I singing to you!!!!!..........

4 comments:

Anthony and Kim said...

that will be so exciting for your family to be altogether! Family time is so great!

dobernews said...

what a nice blog! It warms my heart to read what you write. You guys have always had a special place in my heart...I miss spending time with you. How exciting that your family will be together...and it just keeps on growing. Your going to have to build on to your house!! :)

Sharon said...

Crystal,thank you for your nice comment. It was fun seeing you up at Camrose. Your family were all together that weekend as well, right? Did you get a family picture? How are you feeling now? We are praying that everything will go well for you. Emma is so cute and such a big girl now, she will be a big help to you. I can't believe how fast these precious little ones grow.

sevenstroms said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes....it was a fun day! I wasn't sure how it would go when it first started out but the day ended with Nanc and I going to Fargo with all the strom girls and just having a nice shopping day...with caribou coffee of course and a little massage for mom! Can't wait for our trip...Loveyou guys...Sus