Saturday, November 11, 2006

I like Saturdays.........

I like Saturdays...no, I can honestly say that I love Saturdays (I don't have to brave the coooold to go out and start the car for work....Yippee) ....with my coffee cup in my hand.....a fire in the fireplace........all curled up in the big chair......my husband sitting over there on the recliner and reading ....yup... you guessed it.....flyers!!!!! How exciting is that!!!!! Now before you roll your eyes, it almost reminds me of my childhood when the Christmas catalog would come and we would drool over the toys for days on end only now it is drooling over the price of "Hey honey, the price of coffee has gone down" or "look here, you can actually get two roasts for the price of one!!!!" I think more than anything, it is the coziness of being together with a loved one and perhaps just being thankful that we are still in relatively good health and woke up this morning....breathing!!!
"Thank you Lord for the gift of life. Help me to appreciate every precious moment here on this earth! Most of all, Lord help me to have a song and laughter in my heart, and love and compassion for my fellowman!"

2 comments:

dobernews said...

your blogs are so nice...I love reading them.

Candis Berge said...

Ah, Sharon, you and I like to relax the same way! And in the evenings I do not like to go anywhere anymore. Nice cozy nights at home with W. They were few and far between during the crazy child-raising years, seems to me!

And YES, that was green grass out the window in our Thanksgiving meal picture. Go figure! This is highly unusual for Minnesota but we'll take it!