Friday, November 24, 2006

Sleeping at last.....

Whew.....the grandkids are sleeping and I can softly sing "Blessed quietness, holy quietness". Jim and I are out in Okotoks looking after Heather and Duane's four munchkins. She left this morning with Duane (after telling him that she had an appointment in Calgary this morning and I had had to borrow the van the previous day so she had to ride with him......what tall tales, I tell you!!!!!) and he not knowing anything about anything, had a bag packed for him and her, had her neighbour Rose come over to look after the kids until I got here around 1:30 this afternoon, had two airplane tickets to Saskatoon, one reservation for a hotel tonight there and a special dinner tomorrow night with their close friends from University days, coming back Sunday night via Edmonton, all as a surprise celebration for his birthday tomorrow. I really didn't think she was going to pull it off but he did not know anything until they got to his work where she informed him that he didn't have to go in to work (She had phoned his boss a couple of weeks ago and he was in on "the plan"!!!!) They will have a good time, I'm sure. In the meantime, we get to spend time (a busy time) with the kids for the next two days, going to watch Jemma skating tomorrow morning, taking Jemma and Siri to Calgary for a playdate with their little friend Carter from Bridlewood ( their old neighbourhood) in the afternoon, then church on Sunday plus all the fun things that go along with being with the grandkids. Little Kalle is almost walking and of course, it is her first birthday this coming Monday. Nate talks constantly and is his grandpa's buddy. Siri and Jemma are both growing up too fast as is our dear ones down in Fergus. We are so looking forward to Jan. when we get to see them again plus the brand new one that is to be born. And now, I hear the kettle on, Jim is making some green tea.....and then it is off to bed for me as I worked last night and didn't have too many hours of sleep this morning......I am praying the kids sleep all night........

1 comment:

Candis Berge said...

Oh Sharon! Good grandma!! I'm not sure I am up for that level of good grandma-ing yet! The 5 grandchildren all stopped in for the afternoon and supper (pizza) which was unplanned until this morning. Adam's 3 and Daniel's 2 - and the noise level and the strewn toys...... you know what I mean. Thankly we settled them down with a good children's video finally. What do they say about happy to see their headlights come and their taillights go....??? hahaha. I know my mother must have felt that and she never let on! Enjoy!