Friday, April 20, 2007

Can you believe it?

Here it is April 20th and the ground outside is white!!!!! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised cause in this city, I think we have had snow every month of the year at one time or another. But I shall be patient and wait for this:

It's spring in the mountain country,
Green life leaps from every root;
Streams sing and the pussy willows
Have silvered each slender root.
An hour or two in the springtime
Can shift a whole mountain scene;
A slope that was white when the sun rose,
By noon is a field of green.
I have seen a robin, some crows, pussy willows and my plants are showing a little bit of green out in the back yard but right now, lovely, white snow covers it all!!! And if the truth were to be told, I don't want to see any more flurries or flakes or white falling from the skies.........give me the warmth of the sun and the color GREEN!!!!!
"In everything, give thanks!" even for the snow.

No comments: