Saturday, April 7th. It all started with morning coffee and fresh fruit by candlelight in our living-room with our good friends, Rob and Carol. They had come from Saskatoon Friday afternoon to stay with us for the weekend. It was so good to see them. We had a wonderful morning just visiting.....then we got ready and drove out to the Chuckwagon Cafe in Turner Valley about noon to have a late breakfast. Miles and Arlene and Ron and Delaine joined us and what a hoot we had!!! My stomach hurt with all the laughing we did. Between Carol and Arlene and their humor, Ron telling funny stories as well as Miles and Rob then Jim and I telling about how getting older just does something to our ears and when we repeat what we heard each other say, it is totally different!!!! All we can do is break into gales of laughter although sometimes it is NOT that funny!!!!!!Saturday night, we went up and spent some time with Gramma, also I washed and set her hair. And here she had a birthday cake for me. Ida was there too to help celebrate. Is there no end to the blessings that come our way, day after day? God is so good!
Easter Sunday............The children all lining up with their tulips to bring up to the front to put at the foot of the cross. It is so touching to see these little ones, happy and smiling, knowing that Jesus loves them (even little Isaac in his wheelchair). What a wonderful day, the very basis of our Christian faith that Jesus took our place, then rose again on the third day. No wonder we can sing with confidence and joy in our hearts, "I serve a risen Savior"!!!!
Children's message.......they are so quiet, you can hear a pin drop. They don't want to miss any of the questions, Pastor Anthony might ask them.
The cross in the background is covered with pieces of white paper that has written on it, "Jesus died for ________. Then you put your name on it and at the end of the service on Friday, we all walked up and nailed our papers to the cross signifying that it was for me personally that He died. It is always a special, special time.
Dinner at Gramma and Grandpa's house right after church - but before sitting down to eat we had the annual Easter egg hunt!!!!! Jemma had lots of fun finding eggs and of course she is tall, she could spot them in places that the other kids couldn't. And I will probably continue to find eggs for weeks to come because this gal does not remember all the places they were hidden!!!!!
Nate enjoyed the hunt. He was very happy with all the yummy eggs he found!!!!
Kalle had her own little basket and she got quite afew. She really didn't know what to do with the foil-wrapped eggs when she found them and that was quite all right with her mommy!!!!
Even the adults had to get in on the action. Carol and Heather looking for some eggs while Aunty Delaine looks on!!
Easter Sunday............The children all lining up with their tulips to bring up to the front to put at the foot of the cross. It is so touching to see these little ones, happy and smiling, knowing that Jesus loves them (even little Isaac in his wheelchair). What a wonderful day, the very basis of our Christian faith that Jesus took our place, then rose again on the third day. No wonder we can sing with confidence and joy in our hearts, "I serve a risen Savior"!!!!
Children's message.......they are so quiet, you can hear a pin drop. They don't want to miss any of the questions, Pastor Anthony might ask them.
The cross in the background is covered with pieces of white paper that has written on it, "Jesus died for ________. Then you put your name on it and at the end of the service on Friday, we all walked up and nailed our papers to the cross signifying that it was for me personally that He died. It is always a special, special time.
Dinner at Gramma and Grandpa's house right after church - but before sitting down to eat we had the annual Easter egg hunt!!!!! Jemma had lots of fun finding eggs and of course she is tall, she could spot them in places that the other kids couldn't. And I will probably continue to find eggs for weeks to come because this gal does not remember all the places they were hidden!!!!!
Nate enjoyed the hunt. He was very happy with all the yummy eggs he found!!!!
Kalle had her own little basket and she got quite afew. She really didn't know what to do with the foil-wrapped eggs when she found them and that was quite all right with her mommy!!!!
Even the adults had to get in on the action. Carol and Heather looking for some eggs while Aunty Delaine looks on!! It has been a wonderful and special weekend.
4 comments:
I remember those Easter egg hunts, they were always fun.. I remember the one when Susanne was there and it got a little crazy!! Fun to see all the pictures from Church and of the family. Happy Easter!!
Looks like fun! Say Hi to Heather for me! Happy Easter!
Yes, I, too remember those Easter egg hunts.....Nancy and I were talking about that crazy time and she said that I knocked grandma Olson out of the way just to get an egg...is that true...? I feel terrible! I miss being home for Easter....we might need to make a trip home next year...I want my kids to experience the Good Friday service!! Loveyou guys and miss you all soooooo much! I love all the pictures! Sus and family
HAPPY EASTER!!!
To our family in Fergus,
Every year when you are not here for Easter, your dad and I put all your names on one of the pieces of paper and nail them to the cross along side of ours. It is such a special part of the service and we just can't leave you guys out. We have done that for many years. Now this year, we added Breiden.
Blessings.
Post a Comment