Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Snow again on Victoria Day Weekend........

Our waterfall at our lake and the greening of the grass!!! Looks so pretty when the red geraniums are put in......BUT.......
How crazy is this......snow again.......and this is our standard comment....... that is Calgary weather.....!!!!!! It was beautiful on Saturday so Jim and I worked out in the back yard all morning and part of the afternoon. Oooooh how our muscles complained but we accomplished alot!! We rewarded ourselves Sat. night with Chinese food at Ginger Beef House (jealous you guys???? Yes, we did have hot and spicy ginger beef and it was yummy!!!) Sunday morning was nice again and of course it is always so good to make our way to church. Our pastor's wife is still waiting to go in to have her baby. She looked great.....no, she looked absolutely beautiful.....her due date is this week!!! I didn't hear the sermon but as always it was good, my husband informed me. I was in the nursery with little Annie (Tammy and John's little girl) and we had such a fun time. She talked the whole time! Of course this was a long weekend so quite afew people were away, camping. I'm glad we weren't!!!! I have experienced too many times in the mountains waking up to snow on the long weekend in May. Sunday afternoon, I packed a little picnic lunch and we went to Heritage Park to ( I bet you could never guess!!! Think your father and what he likes the most!!!) a CAR SHOW showing classic, old cars fixed up!!!! Ran into Ray and Doreen there and so visited with them abit!!! Jim was glad for a buddy to talk cars with ( I am clueless - it is another language as far as I'm concerned!!!!!) and Doreen and I walked around and watched people. It was relaxing. Phoned Uncle Ron and Aunty Delaine from there to come for supper but they had just gotton home so they told us to come out there so after coming home from Heritage Park, I made a veggie platter, cut up some strawberries and pineapple for our ice cream and went out there for supper. Uncle Ron is doing good. He still is on crutches but his ankle is coming along really well. He had it fused in April (the ankle he broke many years ago when he fell off a house doing siding) We had such a nice time visiting with them. Then we stopped in and visited with Gramma in the evening. Full day but a good day!!! Sunday night it started raining and Monday (the day of planting gardens around here) it rained and SNOWED (in the north end of the city and towards Airdre) all day!!! What could we do? Of course......to the Mall we went........for good strong Starbucks coffee and dark!!!! chocolate-covered graham crackers!!!! That was our weekend. How about you, my family and friends? I just made some coffee.....would you like a cup???

1 comment:

Kaila Cook said...

I would love to meet you at Starbucks for that nice strong cup of coffee. I had a busy weekend here as well. I got up on sunday morning at 4:30 to go mountain vegetable hunting. And on monday I was off to Akita to do some business and lets not forget, I got Starbucks and Some shopping in. It is good to hear all about calgary. Thanks for the little bit of home.