+040.jpg)
These three special gals in our lives come from BC and Washington. They are Aunty Esther's daughters and they planned a road trip.......Calgary first to see Gramma, Saskatoon to see Aunty Helen and Camrose to see Aunty Ruth. And we were blessed to have them come and stay with us while in Calgary. What fun we had walking down memory lane, laughing at ourselves as we discussed how getting older is not always the most fun but at this time in our lives, it is essential to have a sense of humor and see the silly side of life!!!! And to realize that God is still in control and watches over each one of us......our children......and our grandchildren. How good that is!! Both Anne and Lois know what it is like to lose a loved one as both their husbands are now in Heaven. What comfort faith and family are at this time in their lives. We had such a good time and wouldn't you know it yesterday Lois (the one on the right) decided to make whole wheat rolls and cinamon buns. What a treat!!! I don't usually bake buns but they say we are never too old to learn so I got her recipe and by gum, I am going to try my hardest to make some!!!!! I made some Santa Fe Soup (a recipe I got from Delaine) and the rolls went wonderfully with that soup. I think making buns has to be her specialty.
The sticky cinamon buns were out of this world.........and of course my husband enjoyed it to the fullest because that is one of his absolute favorite things in the whole world besides cars and motorcycles I mean!!! I think I do rank in there too......somewhere!!!!!!
(I am joking of course. He treats me very special)
Here we are having our lunch. Guess what we had.......yup you guessed it......rolls, butter and jam!!!! And a little salad on the side. Yummy!!!
+037.jpg)
+042.jpg)

2 comments:
Oh YUM. I love food pictures!
Lois made those wonderful crescent buns for the Jemma and Dan's wedding. They were delicious!! All gone too, which is no surprise.
Post a Comment