The very first blessing in my life is my faith in God. I am so thankful that I can worship freely, pray to my Heavenly Father who is concerned about each aspect of my life and guides me when I don't have a clue what to do. And tells me gently, "My precious child, just leave everything to me, trust me and I will see you through whatever you have to face in this life."
The next blessing is my family......My husband..... of 38 years, he is my soulmate, the love of my life, the one that I can tell anything and everything to and he listens. He is a gentle man, quiet with a smile that lights up his face, he is an awesome dad and grandpa, a great provider with a totally logical mind that drives me crazy sometimes!!! And surprise, surprise I like spending time with him!!!! So we won't have any problem when it comes to retirement!!
My heart fills to bursting when I think of the first time I held each of our three daughters in my arms after they were born, and how each developed their own personalities as time went on.
Our oldest, a quiet little gal who loved books, was so curious, loved animals and nature, did not like the word bed or sleep, but had a heart full of love and compassion for others and still does. She is artistic and I was constantly amazed at the projects she could finish at the last minute in her art class. I think her creative juices started flowing at the 11th hour. She spent a year at a school in Norway after High School and loved it. After she and her husband were married, they spent almost a year overseas, first 5 months on a Mercy Ship with YWAM and then she and her husband backpacked down the coast of Australia and into New Zealand. Life changing experience. She is now a mother of four and uses her gift of teaching every day as she nurtures and cares for her children..... to see them being kind to others, loving and obedient children of God but with adventurous, keen minds. I see her as a mother and am so proud.
Our second, a little blondie who from the time she was just little, filled our lives with sunshine and song. We always said that she must have had music in her head because she was always dancing down the hallways. She kept us laughing and still does. She was a doer, loved to play soccer, loved clothes, loved to play house, loved nature and building forts with her sisters and her friends, loved biking, she also has a heart for God and a compassion for people and how she can serve Him in the exact place she is at. She works out every morning at the Y and she and her husband have run in 1/2 marathons together. She too is a wonderful mom with five kids and how she manages, I'll never know but one thing I do know is that she wants to raise her children to be loving and kind and to serve God and they are. I am so proud of her and miss her so. She married a wonderful guy who happens to be an American so lives in the States.
Our youngest daughter, gentle, loving and kind is how I would describe her. She never wanted to hurt anybody's feelings. She loved sports in school and believe it or not was an awesome rugby player!!!! as well she played basketball and volleyball. She has a heart for people, loves the Lord with all her heart, is newly married - to a great guy from the States. She is our diplomat, a peacemaker but with a streak of craziness that would often come out when her and her best friend would get together!!! They also spent 6 mos travelling in Europe after high school which was a great experience. She and her friends loved doing shows, singing, dancing and just having fun!! I miss her and am so proud of her as well. Now she lives in the same city as her sister which is so good cause they have sister time, work out together and and especially coffee times are the best. I have sampled the coffee's from the cute little coffeeshop they go to ...... may I say frequently!!!! It's the best!!!
These three daughters of mine are my best friends and I thank God for them every day!!
Blessing #3 - Friends and Extended Family!! How can I express the feelings in my heart when I think of my friends and my extended family. They are wonderful, supportive, and so much fun!!! Laughing and shedding tears sometimes are just some of the things we do when we get together as we share our joys and sorrows with each other. My sisters are quite abit older than me but we have such a good time when we get together. They are absolutely loveable and crazy!!! My church friends are just the best and I love them dearly. I am so thankful for "BLESSINGS" in my life!!
Friday, March 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
MOm!!! What a wonderful blog!!!! Of course I cried...it's very touching to hear how you feel about us! It's fun to hear how you feel about daddy!! Reading that just makes me feel warm inside, and makes me realize how truly blessed I am to have you and dad and my sista's! Loveyou so much and am counting down the days already when we can see eachother again!!! Keep blogging and walking!!! You are an inspiration!!! (in many ways!)
Post a Comment