Thursday, March 30, 2006
The joys of biking!
I love biking. I got ready this afternoon, took my bike out for the first time, got some air in the tires and took off for Heather's house. It took me about an hour to get there because of all the hills which I walked up!!!!! I had not seen their main floor since it had been painted so I combined the exercise with a little visit!!! Nathan kept looking at this strange Gramma with the bright yellow helmet!!!!! He thought it was quite hilarious!! Anyway, I had fun coasting back to our house! My legs feel like jelly but other than that, it was great!!! Must do that more often. Remember gals, how we used to bike almost every Sunday afternoon down in the Creek, take a little lunch and just enjoy God's beautiful nature!!! We had fun pretending we were explorers, throwing stones in the water, sitting by the creek with the sun warming our faces or Daddy having a little nap on the picnic table. And now I see you doing things like that with your own kids and my heart rejoices........."This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Such great memories of Fish creek. I remember biking with Courtney Galbraith too and using our imaginations. So fun! I just may have to dust my bike off now!!
Mom...I am so proud of you for attempting to ride to Heather's house...that's so good, all those hills!!! I bet you did have fun going back home..!!! I love that we went biking and hiking in fish creek...that is one of my fondest memories..!!! We have to do that with my kids when we come home! Loveyou mom...and dad too..! Sus
Post a Comment