Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Never in a million years!!

Never in a million years did I think that one day Jim and I would be flying off to the beautiful island of Oahu, Hawaii!!!! Yet miracles of miracles, we leave in exactly 41/2 weeks!!! I still can't believe it and probably won't believe it til I get on the plane!!! Our kids have encouraged us many times to take a vacation, just the two of us but you know how it is when your children live so far away and even if they are in the same city, that any chance you get - you go to see them!!! And we absolutely love it and have so much fun when we get together!! Plus in the last few years, it has been birthin' times in the Archie family and boy there was not any other place to be then..... than with our kids having their kids - our grandchildren!! How very special that has been!!! There is absolutely nothing more wonderful than seeing these precious children right after they have been born, in their mommy and daddy's arms!! My heart is full to bursting just thinking about it. And now to see them growing up - it is just one of the joys of being a grandparent........But back to Hawaii.......both if us turn 60 this year and we thought....that would be such a good way to celebrate so "Aloha, Hawaii " here we come!!! We have taken books out of the library, we bought the book "Hawaii for Dummies" ( a book just for us) and read up on the history of the islands - fascinating!!!! So we kind of have an idea what we want to do when we get there. There are lots of beaches, hikes, a zoo to see and explore, museums, all kinds of things but do you know what I look forward to the very most........ is getting up early, taking my good "Kona" coffee, slipping out on the "lanai" to watch the sun rise, smelling the air and the flowers and listening to the sound of the waves as they come crashing to shore!!!! Beachcombing, looking for shells, walking along the beautiful trails, just drinking in God's glorious creation.....We have one week in a condo on Waikiki and then we move up the Windward side of the island and there we have a cute little cottage right on the beach!!! I can hardly wait........

3 comments:

sevenstroms said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you two to get there!!! You have waited 60 years....! What an awesome time you will have! Can't wait to see all the pictures and hear all your adventures!!! LOVEYOU GUYS SO MUCH! SUS

julenerenee said...

What exciting news! It's about time you guys take off to just enjoy each other and at a beautiful location! That's great to hear! You certainly deserve a fantastic time away!

Stender Statement said...

Mom, me too...I'm super excited for you and Dad to finally get away on a tropical vacation. You deserve it so much. Love you lots.
Nanc