My husband asked me this morning, "Do you feel any different now that you are 60 years old?" I didn't even have to think about it - I said "it feels wonderful!!!!" Age is just a number and I guess I want to grow old like my mother - graciously..... full of fun.....interesting and interested in people..... with a gift of making every person that came into her life feel special and loved!!! She knew where her strength came from, she also knew that she wasn't perfect but knew she was special in God's eyes!!!! She did not have the education most of us have but was so very wise. I loved her so much and still miss her. Thank you, Mom for being my role model!!!!
I had a good day. First thing that happened - I came home from work this morning and here was a beautiful bouquet of long-stemmed red, white and pink roses - 14 of them sitting on the dining-room table and a card that warmed my heart.... from my husband. Now you have to know him - he was not one to bring me flowers every week so when I do get them, it is just so lovely and special!! The next thing that took place was my grandchildren coming to sing Happy Birthday!! What could be better than that, I ask you? Then the doorbell rings and here it was one of my best friends with a beautiful plant in her hands just for me!!!!!! So she and I had coffee together!!! Then another friend came by and finally my sister-in-law and in between all of this was phone calls from my sister from Saskatoon, brother from California, my mother-in-law, and my youngest daughter, emails from my daughter in Fergus, my cousin from Birch Hills and another friend from Okotoks!!! All this just made me feel blessed beyond measure so you see, I had a good day!!!
Thursday, April 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Sharon, Im so glad to here you had such a wonderful day!!
Kim
Hey Mom! Sounds like you had a very special day...!!! I'm glad you got my emails..! It was another crazy day !!! I wish we could of been there to help you celebrate!!! Loveyou so much and happy 60th again...you don't look that age by the way, you are a young chicky...!!! IT's all how you feel!!! Love, Sus
Aunty Sharon,
You are such an amazingly beautiful, intelligent, wonderful woman. I have never met anyone like you and I know that I never will. God sends us angels in our lives, and for me, you are my angel. I can remember how nervous I felt to ask you if I could call you "Aunty" but in my heart, you were my family! I love you so much and celebrate this journey in life with you! You have made such an impression in my life, that words will never explain.
I love you so much and can not thank you enough for coming into the Green family's life....
Love and Birthday Blessings...
Marnie
Post a Comment