Friday, October 20, 2006

Empty House........

The house is empty and I am not so sure I like it right now!!!! It has been so wonderful having Eric and Susanne and kids home for almost two weeks and one week with Nancy being here altogether. Then Heather and Duane would come in or we would all go out to Okotoks. Can it be any better than that? What blessings........but also surprising curves in our lives sometimes and that is what happened in the life and times of the Archie household. I told you in my last blog that Eric wasn't feeling well that day at Banff....well, the pain and a low-grade fever continued and finally day before yesterday and after a very miserable night of pain, Susanne took him to Urgent Care and then to Rockyview for tests!!!! It turns out after 15 hours of seeing different doctors, waiting, bloodtests, waiting, catscan, waiting, waiting and more waiting..... that it is a ruptured appendix!!!! The surgeon decided that Eric is to wait a week taking two kinds of antibiotics to fight the infection and then get his doctor in Fergus to drain the area and then three months later have his appendix removed!! So they had to stay two days longer than planned and today they left for Fergus, hopefully making it as far as Bismark tonight. The doctor told him that he could travel, Susanne would help drive. Even if they stayed, the surgeon wouldn't have done anything for a week just because the area was so inflamed and surgery might have caused more problems. So we never know what is around the corner of our lives and perhaps that is just as well. But we do know that we receive strength for the day and our God looks after us no matter what comes......

2 comments:

The Erickson Family said...

Yike! Poor Eric! I hope that he will heal up quickly!

It sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your family! I hope that Nancy and Susanne will put some photos on their blogs!

dobernews said...

God is so good! Eric is extremely lucky...I hope he is able to heal quickly!!