Sunday, October 01, 2006
Leaves, leaves and more leaves!!!!!!
Yesterday was the most gorgeous fall day you could ever imagine in the city of Calgary!!! The sun was shining, the sky was so blue and the colors of the leaves on the trees are just at their peak. Guess what my hubby and I did? Raked and raked and raked til we had 12 huge orange garbage bags full of leaves just from our front yard. We got dusty and dirty and today we have sore muscles and guess what - our front lawn now has another layer of leaves on it. But it was fun...even though it is hard work, the day was so wonderful, we loved being outside. Of course, we had to stop for coffee at least two or three times!! We left a pile of leaves in the back yard so our grandchildren could jump and bury themselves and just have a blast when they came for the 2 hours in the afternoon!! I got some great pictures. Then Grandpa decided to give them rides in the wheelbarrow and dump them into the bags of leaves out in the back. They enjoyed that immensely!!!! We were glad our neighbours on either side of us decided to rake as well cause if they don't and if the wind comes up, we all get another probably 12 bags. O the fun of having poplars along the street!!!! I love them, they look so beautiful in the fall and their millions of bright orange and yellow leaves stay on the branches for such a short time then decide to fall gently to the ground and on the lawns and in the shrubs and flowers and eves of the houses and everywhere you can think of!!! The roots of poplars grow very close to the surface too so they can cause havoc with the sidewalks and the cement blocks become uneven!!! Guess what happened? I tripped on one of the uneven blocks and did a sidebody connection with the cement and in the process broke my toe plus I am black and blue down one arm and leg!!!! I am just glad it was in the backyard instead of the front yard for all the neighbourhood to see!!! One always wonders - now how in the world did that happen!!!!! I tell you, my old nature came to the forefront and I felt like screaming or crying or something!!!!!!! I hate swear words or even slang - I don't say them but somehow when something like that happens, they kind of just pop into your mind!!! However, I got up and in a few minutes the pain was pretty much over and I continued working, limping yes but no broken bones for which I thanked the good Lord because you see in another week's time, my grandchildren from the States will be here and I certainly want to be able to pick them up and walk with them and cuddle with them! And we want to go to the mountains, do abit of hiking and of course how can we forget shopping or window-shopping whatever the case may be!!!! And on that note I will sign off for this time.......IT WAS A GLORIOUS DAY!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment