Thursday, May 11, 2006
Gardening....gardening....gardening.....
It is almost as addicting as chocolate......I love to see the plants peeking their heads through the soil in the spring, I love the buds coming out on the lilac bush (which by the way is very, very special to me because it came from my mom's garden), I love the birds even the sparrow (You know God sees the little sparrow fall....it meets His tender view) as they busily prepare their nest in the bird house for their little ones, I love the fresh, young, vibrant green of the grass and the softness of it under my bare foot, I love the black dirt, yes to get my hands dirty... digging and preparing the soil is fun and even therapy for me, I love the sun as it warms the earth and is so important for the plants to grow, I love to see the robins happily singing as the rain gently falls and as they are so industrious trying to pull the worm out of the ground, I love the beautiful smells of the flowers and their gorgeous colors as they grow throughout the spring and summer, I love going to the Garden Centers and seeing what new things they have this year, and after all is said and done, the pots planted, the seeds in the ground and the grass freshly mowed, I love sitting out under the lilac bush in our wooden chairs, drinking coffee on a Sat. morning just looking around our little back yard, (our outdoor room, I call it) or if it is later on in the evening, sitting in front of our fire pit, watching the logs burn and enjoying a "Screamer" (which is a slurpee and soft ice cream put together in layers in a cup.....very refreshing to say the least!!!) So you see, it isn't almost addicting as chocolate, it is as addicting as chocolate.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You always have such a beautiful backyard...it's small and cozy...I would spend alot of time out there too if I lived at home! You are very talented when it comes to gardening, I would love to have that talent someday when I have a little more time! Loveyou, Sus
Send pics when you get your plants done....
Post a Comment