Thursday, June 08, 2006
It's raining......it's raining!!!
I love the rain.......it makes everything smell so clean.......and especially now when I have just planted my containers and flower beds.........We made a little patio this year for our discussion bench...I refuse to call it a gossip bench.......it is under my lilac tree and the grass did not grow there so we cleaned it up a bit with sand and blocks. Looks ever so much better!!! The lilac tree is higher than the house and it is special because it came from my mother's garden many years ago. The little runners that come up every year drive me crazy but I would not get rid of it. The smell from the blossoms in the spring is just out of this world and the birds love to chatter together in the branches!!!!! And their chattering gets even louder when an enemy comes to visit......the magpie!!!! They have, of course little ones in a nest in the bird house and boy do they get mad at that particular bird!!!!! I guess it is going to continue raining tomorrow as well. It is cozy to hear the droplets hitting the house and know that the coffee is on and there is a good book sitting nearby..........and to top it all off, two little girls fast asleep in bed at Gramma's house!!! What could be better than that!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment