Thursday, July 05, 2007

In the shade of my lilac tree.........

Golden afternoons of summer
When the sun is shining high,
And lacy little cloudlets drift
Like cotton in the sky.
Easy hours pass on tiptoe
As a soft and mellow breeze
Shows the silvery side of summer
Under leaves of lilac trees,
With coffee and book, I go to my chair
Reading as the hours go by
Listening to the chirp of sparrows
And a robin's lullaby.
Do I enjoy summer?? Yes, a thousand times YES!!

Welcome to my backyard........my peaceful place.....where I love to spend time working, watering, watching, reading, relaxing...... Will you join me?



4 comments:

Candis Berge said...

Oh yes, I'm on my way!

I'd love to join you for a spot of tea and good conversation!

sevenstroms said...

I would love it too! It looks so quiet and peaceful....two things I do not get too often!
Love you, Sus

Kaila Cook said...

That looks like a great place to just sit and relax and for people who write poems like you and I, it also looks like a place full of inspirations just waiting to get written down on a piece of paper.

Sharon said...

I would absolutely love it if all of a sudden you three showed up at my door. I was sitting out there this morning watching the sun come up and listening to the birds and thinking how blessed am I.....how good God is to shower us with these gifts that He gives us.....friends like you Candis, forever friend/family like you Susanne and a ray of sunshine like you Kaila. Thank you for giving me a wonderful lift to my day.