Friday, January 19, 2007

To Be Intertwined there Forever

Love to Nanc and Wayne. We really can't express in words how we feel at the moment, so proud of you guys, so overwhelmed by God's tender care for you during Breiden's birth, so amazed at this wonderful miracle of another grandchild. I found the book (which I am going to give you now) that was given to us on your birth Nanc, from Barb and Norm and this is just an excerpt from it.......
Our journey towards joy is at an end. I can see the light at the end of the long, dark tunnel. The brilliance of the light nearly blinds me. I look up and smile. The light at the end of my tunnel is merely the spotlight over the delivery table.
The discomfort of the past hours dreamily disappears and pushes itself past my consciousness to be forgotten forever. I lie back limp and totally exhausted. Yet somehow I am encompassed by exhilaration and great pride. I have stepped over the threshold of motherhood.
Our child is born! Our child! Our child! I whisper the words again and again to my swelling heart. During these first precious moments of his life he begins to wrap himself around my soul - to be intertwined there forever. I gaze at him with fascination - his little fists waving so indignantly in the air - his brow wrinkling itself in preparation for a loud and gusty cry - his tiny round toes (a miniature replica of his daddy's) wiggling as he kicks.
Mere words cannot express his newborn beauty. It's a beauty completely alien to the word as I have always known it. A beauty that does not rest on comeliness, but in the nucleus of the entire being. A beauty reflecting the very face of God.
He is His creation.
His image.
This is the absolute of his life - the whole of his being. What total worth God has given this helpless infant! What a blanket of binding love He has tenderly wrapped around him!
I reach out to touch him for the first time. As I feel the soft, wet warmth of his skin, it seems I am touching the very breath of God. I am touching a tiny miracle of life - and the center of creation.
All of this is... OUR CHILD.......
Our child.....
Our child!

5 comments:

The Erickson Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS to your family on the addition of it's newest member! What an exciting time for all of you!

I thought this excerpt was beautiful! What book was it taken from?

Sharon said...

The book is called "A Precious Bit of Forever" by Diane Head. So many good writings in this about new moms and dads and babies. I loved it.

Denorie Cochrane said...

How wonderful for you and your family - another great addition! Congratulations! God Bless-
Denorie

dobernews said...

That was beautiful...made me cry!! Congrat's on the grandson!

Carmen Larson said...

Hi Sharon, This is a message from Wanda, I read your blog, what fun to see picture and read about the family and events in your life. Carmen and I just came back yesterday from Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. What fun to spend a week in the sun and shopping in the markets(bartering) with Carmen. She joins Jared in Vegas on the 31st so I have the kids. She will update her blog with pictures from our holiday when she gets back. Congrats on another grandchild, what a growing family you have. See you the end of Feb.