Monday, March 19, 2007

Fun and Fellowship with family and friends!

Had a fun day Sat. The first thing I did was to have lunch with my nieces, Patty and Elaine at a Vietnamese restaurant (so good) while Jim took Phil down to Mountain Equipment. He didn't make it to Ikea but Patty and Elaine did (the two favorite stores of the Saskatchewan people) Then we were all going to go out to Jarle and Judy's for coffee in the afternoon but Judy phoned us and told us she was making chicken and rice (you know, our dear Judy with the loving and servant heart) for supper and wanted us to come. So I phoned her and told her I was bringing the salad and dessert and so we had a wonderful time around their table. Phil had not seen them for quite some time and it is always fun when Elaine comes (she brought her daughter to the retreat)
Phil and Jim looking suave and debonair in the kitchen before heading off for church Sunday morning. Phil had to go back to they youth retreat and pick up his teenagers - boy that must mean we are getting to be shhhhhh.........seniors!!!!!!! We so enjoyed having Phil stay with us.

Here is proud Grandpa Vern holding his cutey little grandaughter, Darcy's little baby. She was baptized yesterday at the morning service. What a special time and what a special service!






I don't know how I managed to get two pics on here but anyway this is another child who was baptized yesterday. Remember Jennifer Crickett - this is her little boy and her husband. Jennifer is expecting another little one in the spring. It is so fun to have her and her mom, Linda coming again to our church. He is such a fun little boy and so good in the nursery - wants to help all the time and not shy at all. Then we had a wonderful potluck after church - so much variety of food and yummy desserts - For Friendship Sunday. I think everyone enjoyed it.
So you see, it was just one blessing after another this weekend and made me want to sing at the top of my voice, "I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God!!!"





2 comments:

sevenstroms said...

I can't believe Jennifer Cricket...It took me a bit to remember ....so pretty! YOu guys had a fun weekend of visiting...! Loveyou,Sus

Phil L said...

It was fun visiting on the weekend, catching up on one branch of the Olson family tree. Thanks for your hospitality. And do look us up if you're ever in the Prince Albert area.
(BTW, some would question whether it's even possible for a middle-aged guy wearing a fanny pack to look "suave and debonair")

Cousin Phil