Wednesday, March 21, 2007

SPRING HAS ARRIVED!!!!

SPRING HAS ARRIVED - at least according to the calendar!!!! Not so at our house - the ground is covered in snow and it is abit chilly outside!!!! Our friendly forecaster said this morning that it IS going to warm up!!! All this talk about spring makes my fingers itch to get them working in the soil along with the earthworms!!!!! Remember these slithery, ugly looking things are GOOD for the soil. The kids love looking for earthworms and usually come out with Gramma with their pails and shovels and collect families of them!!! I am longing to fill our back yard again with flowers, flowers and more flowers!!! I love the look, the smell, the beauty of flowers in the spring and summer and besides that it is absolutely theraputic to work in the soil!!! My husband, on the other hand sometimes shakes his head and I think he thinks his wife has gone bonkers with her passion for gardening!!! O well, he IS a patient man and WILL come out and work along side of me. I think the best part for him is sitting down and having a cup of java with some good Australian "tim tams"!!!!! That funny-looking bush in the first picture in the middle is a "Smoke bush" and I loved it. It just grew and grew and grew last summer. The flowers (IF that is what you call them) look like smoke billowing. Very, very interesting bush. Anyway, I hope this gets you longing for the greens, the pinks, the reds and every other color that flowers come in. HAPPY GARDENING!!!!!!









No comments: