Dale and Darlene came out to Calgary last Wed. night and spent Thurs., Friday and Saturday with us and then left this morning. What a good time we had! Dale had a symposium to go to on Thurs. and Friday for aircraft maintenance that happens every March so that meant that Darlene and I could shop til we dropped and we did!!!!! Literally!!!! Thursday, Heather picked us up and we went over to Walmart, had lunch with the kids at MacDonald's!!!! Nate talked the whole time!!!!! So fun!!! Then Friday, I had the car so Darlene and I got ready, went to Shawnessy, Ikea and finally Chinook and spent the whole day shopping, talking, having lunch, talking, having coffee, talking, shopping, and talking some more..........do you get the idea????? She and I grew up together and yes, we can hardly get the words out fast enough!!!!! But when I looked back on the conversations we had, one subject came up again and again and I bet you could never guess what it was.............our wonderful, unique and beautiful (Yup, you guessed it!!!) GRANDCHILDREN!!!!! These little people are absolute "sunshine" in our lives. They have two ..... a beautiful little girl and a handsome little boy. Only God could create this situation. He knew that when we reach our age that we need these precious kids to teach us again how to live, to love unconditionally and how to look at the world with awe and wonder. Is it any wonder that we love them so!!!!Saturday, we got up early, had our prebreakfast coffee by candlelight in the living-room, then took off for Turner Valley to a little restaurant for a hearty cowboy breakfast at the Chuckwagon cafe. It was a gorgeous day for a drive in the foothills. On our way back, we showed them Heather and Duane's home and visited with Miles and Arlene who happened to drive up just as we were turning around in their cul-du-sac. Siri and Jemma were out on the front lawn hunting for ladybugs, chatted with them for a few minutes, then went home, later to get ready to go to "The Booth Brothers" First time that Dale and Darlene had seen them live. We enjoyed it so much!!
What a wonderful, inspirational and fun concert!! The Booth Brothers and the Dixie Melody Boys were at Grace Baptist. I think the Booth Brothers are my absolute favorite of all the groups that I have listened to. They are so honest and genuine and want to share their faith. When you leave their concert, you are in no doubt about what they believe. Very excited about sharing Christ. They also had a video tribute to Roger Bennett who just passed away March 17th. He was one of the best pianists in the Southern Gospel Association (for the group, Legacy Five). He was only 48. I have been following his online journal in his battle with leukemia and it is so amazing. His wife Debbie is going to continue to write and tell some of the events and answers to prayer that they as a family experienced. What a witness to the grace and strength that God gives us in our trials. He is going to be missed so much.
What a wonderful, inspirational and fun concert!! The Booth Brothers and the Dixie Melody Boys were at Grace Baptist. I think the Booth Brothers are my absolute favorite of all the groups that I have listened to. They are so honest and genuine and want to share their faith. When you leave their concert, you are in no doubt about what they believe. Very excited about sharing Christ. They also had a video tribute to Roger Bennett who just passed away March 17th. He was one of the best pianists in the Southern Gospel Association (for the group, Legacy Five). He was only 48. I have been following his online journal in his battle with leukemia and it is so amazing. His wife Debbie is going to continue to write and tell some of the events and answers to prayer that they as a family experienced. What a witness to the grace and strength that God gives us in our trials. He is going to be missed so much.
1 comment:
Hey I recognise those guests of yours!! hehe So nice to hear you guys had such a good time! I SO wanted to see the Booth Brothers. I love their song Eternity There! Hope to see you in June! Take Care!!
Heidi
Post a Comment